Personal injury is a broad term used in the legal world to cover a wide variety of injuries that can happen to one’s body, emotions, or reputation. It applies to any injury that a person or entity inflicts upon another person that was from intentional, negligent, or reckless behavior. It is important to hire legal counsel to make sure that you are fully aware of the compensation that you may be owed. If you are searching for a Personal Injury Attorney in Hauppauge, NY, contact Gulotta & Gulotta-conveniently located a few towns over in Ronkonkoma.
Common Causes of Personal Injury
Many different causes give one the right to file a claim to recover damages. When someone suffers from an injury of any sort, there are many after-effects due to the event. The following are common types of personal injury cases:
- Vehicle Accidents: Millions of people are injured due to accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc. If someone is injured, whether it is the driver or a passenger, they may be entitled to compensation for any injury they may have endured.
- Medical Malpractice: Although doctors, nurses, hospitals, and other medical professionals are there to help us, they can also cause serious injury through negligence. If you or a loved one have suffered from medical malpractice and are looking for a Personal Injury Attorney in Hauppauge, NY, Gulotta & Gulotta is just a few towns over and can help you to get proper compensation.
- Wrongful Death: This encompasses when someone has been killed due to someone else’s carelessness. The most common examples are deaths due to car crashes, nursing home neglect, and medical malpractice.
- Premises Liability refers to accidents caused by dangerous conditions on someone’s property. This term encompasses accidents that occur on just about any type of land, whether commercial or personal.
These are not the only causes of personal claim injuries if you are interested in learning more. Gulotta & Gulotta can help you if you live in Ronkonkoma and need a local Personal Injury Attorney in Hauppauge, NY.
Gulotta & Gulotta-Personal Injury Attorney in Hauppauge, NY
Personal Injuries can occur anywhere at any time under various circumstances. It is important that you get the compensation you deserve if you suffer from an injury. The financial burden that comes from the medical treatment needed after any one of the situations can be detrimental. That is why you should be aware of your rights and have proper legal counsel to help you through. If you need a trusted Personal Injury Attorney in Hauppauge, NY, close to Ronkonkoma, contact Gulotta & Gulotta today.
We spend a huge part of our life securing our assets. These assets allow the people we care about to strive even after you or a loved one may have passed away. After all the long hours and all the hard work, wouldn’t you want to choose who gets to have a share of your belongings and assets once you are gone? Our team at Gulotta & Gulotta is the best Personal Injury Attorney in Hauppauge, NY, conveniently located near Ronkonkoma, and is dedicated to helping you find a solution. Keep reading to learn more.
What is a will?
A will is a legal document addressing your final wishes regarding the distribution of your property and/or the care of any minor children. This is important for your family and your loved ones because if you pass away without having a will, your wishes may not be carried out to your liking and preference.
Why you should have a will prepared by our team of Personal Injury Attorney in Hauppauge, NY
While you can write your own will, you have many reasons to have your will prepared and revised by an attorney. Listed below are some of the reasons why!
- You can be concise about who gets what and how much of it is for them
- You can keep your assets away from people you may not be close to
- You could decide who has the right to raise your children if they are minors
- Your heirs would have a much easier time gaining access to your assets
- Prevents disputes between family members since your will should clearly state who gets what and how much of it they will get.
Contact Us: Personal Injury Attorney in Hauppauge, NY
At Gulotta & Gulotta, our family law attorney team in Lake Grove can help you protect your assets and ensure that your wishes for the distribution of your assets are carried out to the best of your wishes. If you or someone you know is looking for a Personal Injury Attorney in Hauppauge, NY; just a few towns over from Ronkonkoma- check out our website today! Get your will written and legalized today so that there are no problems in the future.
Pet owners are responsible for making sure their pets are under control, especially if they are taking their dog out for a walk. If a dog feels threatened or is afraid, it may become dangerous as a defense for themselves. If an uncontrolled dog bites you, you may be entitled to compensation for it. Seeking out Personal Injury Attorney in Hauppauge, NY, conveniently located a few miles away from Ronkonkoma, will help you understand your rights if you are bitten.
In The Moment
If a dog bites you, here are some things you should do at the time of injury:
- Get the owner of the dog’s information, such as name, address, and phone number
- If it is a stray, pick out some identifying factors of the dog for someone to be able to find
- Wash the bite with soap and water
- Call your doctor for care instructions, or call 311 to report the bite and determine if you may need a rabies shot
- If the dog is dangerous to others, call 911
It is important to tend to the bite in a careful manner and make sure you are taken care of. Depending on the severity of the bite, you might have to go to the hospital to stop the infection or get a rabies shot. It may also be beneficial to contact a Personal Injury Attorney in Hauppauge, NY, if you are looking for an attorney close to Ronkonkoma and intend to sue the owner.
When it comes to a dog bite, you have the right to sue the owner for any medical charges necessary. Legally, the dog owner is liable for any damages or injuries the dog may have caused you. If they are found guilty, dog owners will compensate you for medical expenses, time lost from work, and suffering. For a civil liability lawsuit, you should be able to prove one or more of the following to hold the owner liable:
- The state you are in has “strict liability dog-bite laws,” in which case the owner is financially responsible
- You can prove the owner knew the dog tended to bite/cause injury
- You can prove the owner was negligent
When it comes to criminal liability, a judge will order the owner to follow certain restrictions when it comes to the dog or order the dog to be euthanized if the dog is dangerous. In severe cases where the dog kills someone, the owner may be charged with manslaughter or a similar crime.
Contact Us: Personal Injury Attorney in Hauppauge, NY
If you or someone in your town has been bitten by a dog and is seeking legal action, contacting a Personal Injury Attorney in Hauppauge, NY, just a few towns away from Ronkonkoma, is the place to start. Our offices can help you seek the proper legal action required to get you the compensation you need. Call us today!
Prior Results Do Not Guarantee Future Outcomes